Friday, December 7, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


Christmas is a few weeks away, and I always bake cookies during the holidays! I guess I'm hoping Santa will stop by and indulge in some lol. Today I'm going to share these amazing white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I fell in love with these cookies when I had some from a local bakery a few years ago and since I can't get them anymore I just bake my own! I like to lightly toast my macadamia nuts to give them a nutty taste, you don't have to do this they'll still taste good. Bake these cookies and take them to the office cookie exchange or pot luck and watch everyone drool!


White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Makes 36 cookies

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. In another bowl, mix together the flour,baking soda and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the cream mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and chocolate chips. Drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet by the tablespoons.
Bake for 11mins or until golden brown. Let cookies cool on a cooling rack.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.