Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip



A few years ago I made low fat spinach dip for my family's Super Bowl party and it turned out to be a HIT! Everyone loved it and no one knew that it was "low fat". This year I decided to take it up a notch and make spinach artichoke dip (that wasn't low fat). I've made it a few times since the Super Bowl and I might even make it once a week just because I love it that much!!
This recipe differs from the original one but it's still GOOD!









Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Adapted from Betty Crocker
Serves 4-6 people


1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup of parmesan cheese
1 can 14oz artichoke hearts,drained and coarsely chopped (I use the marinated version)
1 box 9oz Frozen chopped spinach,thawed and squeezed to drain
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to to 350 degrees. Lightly spray your baking dish with non stick spray. Set aside.
Mix your mayonnaise and parmesan cheese together.
Stir in artichokes,spinach and a 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Taste and add seasonings if you like.
Spoon mixture into baking or casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
Cover and bake for 20mins or until cheese is melted.
Serve with chips,baguette slices cracker or whatever you like.

This can be made ahead of time and bake prior to serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.