Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Triple Chocolate Brownies

Oooh my!! Triple chocolate brownies.....honestly I don't know what I was thinking when I made these. It was a moment of weakness for me. It all started with a recipe for double chocolate brownies and I just went crazy. Brownies are always a big deal in my house, so this was something everyone was waiting for me to bake.I've tried A LOT of boxed brownies in the past and it's just not the same....everything food is so much better made from scratch!!

There's one important thing I learned about making brownies is being patient enough to wait 30-45 mins for them to cool completely to cut or eat. It's so tempting to eat them hot out of the oven but cooling is a must!





Triple Chocolate Brownies
Adapted from Baking Day
Serves 9


1/2 cup unsalted butter
4oz semisweet chocolate,broken into pieces
1 1/3 cups sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 oz bittersweet chocolate,broken into pieces

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line the bottom of a 9x9 in square pan.
Place the butter and semi sweet chocolate in a small heat proof bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water until melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Stir until smooth . Let the mixture cool slightly. Stir in the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well until blended
Sift the flour and cocoa into the cake batter and beat until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then pour the batter into a prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 mins,or until the top is evenly colored and toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean. Allow to cool for at least 30mins before cutting and serving.
I made hot fudge sauce a while back and added some of that to my brownie. DELISH!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.