Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake


I've said it before I love chocolate! I don't eat much cakes, believe it or not I don't even buy or make myself a
birthday cake! But this here is different. Years ago I brought a heart shaped silicone baking pan from a Valentine's clearance sale and I had the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies sitting around so I decided to throw EVERYTHING in the pan like a big cookie! My older brother loved it and paid me to bake him another one. I actually made this for my boyfriend this year for Valentine's day and I was so excited to get it to him I forgot to take pictures. Ooooh well.....only reason to make another one right!
You can use any chocolate chip cookie recipe for this. I'm using one I recently found online because I couldn't find my old one.




Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
thatssoyummy.com


1 stick butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup chocolate chip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9in round cake pan. Set aside.
Whisk the flour,baking powder and salt together in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter,sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute.
Increase the mixer speed to high and beat for 15 seconds.
Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bow. Add the egg.
Blend on medium speed for 30 seconds.
Add the dry ingredients and combine on low speed until just a few dry streaks remain.
Add the chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds until combined.
Scrape the batter into the prepared cake pan.
Press the batter into a  smooth even layer in the pan. Bake until lightly golden and puffy around the edges (the center should still feel quite soft) 18-22 mins.
Cool for 10 mins and then run a paring knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake. 
IMPORTANT! Cool for at least 4 hrs before turning the cake out of the pan onto a large plate.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.