Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms


Spinach?....again!?! YES! I love spinach. I could eat it in everything, well just about everything. I wanted to make something light and easy for dinner so I decided to try stuffed portobello mushrooms. It was so flavorful and honestly it was so filling. I really never thought much of mushrooms besides having them on my pizza but this summer I'm definitely going to be adding more of them to my diet. I pretty much placed all of the filling ingredients in one saute pan and then threw everything into my mushrooms and in the toaster oven. So easy and efficient. You're literally 20mins away from an easy, healthy dinner!





Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Serves 2
Adapted from Family Kitchen

2 portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1- 9oz. bag fresh spinach
1/4 onion, sliced
1/4 red pepper, sliced
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub olive oil all over the outer part of your portobello mushrooms. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Add onions, red peppers and spinach. Saute until spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon 1/4 cup ricotta cheese into the mushroom cap. Top with 1/2 of the sauteed spinach. Then 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 mins or until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender.
Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Now this I would eat all day. Love mushrooms

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it...super easy,light summer meal!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.