Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake




I had a horrible craving for chocolate...anything chocolate. I needed a slice of cake, a brownie, a chocolate bar I mean something chocolate so I decided to use the left over cocoa powder and whip up a decadent chocolate cake. I mean this fed every single craving I had. This recipe is simple but I didn't realize until I mixed all of my ingredients that it was A LOT more batter than I expected so I divided it equally among my bundt cake pan and my cupcake pan. Simple, right? Yes!







Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
Makes 1 Bundt cake and 1 dozen cupcakes
Hersheys.com

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups Hershey's cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Preheat ovent to 350 degrees. Grease your baking pans and set aside.
Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pans.
For the bundt cake I bake it at 350 degrees for 55 mins and my cupcakes baked at 350 degrees for 20-25. Cool for 15 mins and remove bundt cake from pan and onto the wire rack to completely cool.

"Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting
Makes app. 2 cups

1/2 cup (1stick) butter softened
2/3cup Hershey's Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix butter and cocoa powder together. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to peading consistency. Add more milk if necessary. Stir in vanilla.
Frost cakes/cupcakes and ENJOY!

4 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.