Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Macadamia and Maple Cupcakes



Well my brother just dubbed this THE BEST CUPCAKES HE"S EVER HAD!!!! I strongly agree with him. I love chocolate, hazelnut, but I mean this takes the cake!! I love that I came across this recipe and that I decided to try it, the only downside is that it only makes 10 cupcakes!! Like what recipe only makes 10 cupcakes not 12 but 10 ugh! Lol Anyways its super easy like ALL of my other recipes and super tasty!






Macadamia and Maple Cupcakes
Makes 10
The Cupcake

6 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 extra large egg, lightly beaten
2/3 cup self rising flour
1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put 10 paper liners into a shallow muffin pan.
Place the butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg. Sift in the flour and using a metal spoon fold into the batter with the nuts and milk.
Spoon the batter evenly into the paper liners. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 mins or until risen, golden and firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Maple Frosting

2 tbsp unsalted butter,softened
2 tbsp maple syrup
2/3 cup confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp lightly toasted macadamia nuts (for garnish)

To make the frosting, beat the butter and maple syrup together until smooth. Sift in the confectioners' sugar and beat in thoroughly. Gently beat in the cream cheese . Using an off seat spatula, swirl the frosting on top of the cupcakes and garnish with toasted macadamia nuts!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.