Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fried Pork Wontons


I love fried pork wontons/dumplings whatever you want to call them I love them. I order these every time I eat out. Making them was SUPER easy and fun. There are other variations of this dish, you can use ground trukey,chicken or beef.  I used lean gound pork. Lean Ground pork has its own flavor and its not super fatty. This is a very simple recipe, it makes a lot of wontons (perfect for a party). Just add sweet chili sauce and life is good.







Fried Pork Wontons

1lb lean ground pork
1/2 yellow onion (finely chopped)
1 green onion (finely chopped)
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg wonton wrappers
water

Place ground pork in a large bowl and add all of the stuffing ingredients (onions, eggs, seasonings and egg).
Mix until everything is well blended. You want all of the ingredients thoroughly mixed through.
Stuff your wontons! Follow the directions on the packaging of the wonton wrapper. Place the wrappers in a diamond shape. Spoon 1/4 tsp in the center of the wrapper. Brush the border of the wonton wrapper with water and pinch the bottom and top tips together. Be careful to release the air pockets in the wontons otherwise when they fry they will just fry unevenly.
Carefully place your wontons in 1in hot canola oil. Fry until brown on both sides.
ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. that looks delicious! (now my stomach is yelling at me...) I'm a total failure at cooking, salt doesn't tend to like me and jumps in whatever I'm making without telling me LOL!

    Thanks for your feedback Kris, I actually ended up making it live already since I could use the money if anyone is interested. Hopefully people don't die at how much stuff there is :X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or recipe request.